All grains contain peptides that mimic morphine or endogenous opioid substances. This is where I deal with my latest loaf craving. Get your bread-based exorphin fix here.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pumpkin Brioche Pomegranate Buns



Pumpkin Brioche Pomegranate Buns

I bought some pears a couple of days ago to make what looks like a great glazed pear and pomegranate tart tatin, by Zoe (one half of the original 'Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day' people).  But my wife ate 5 of the 6 pears that I bought.  I guess I wasn't quick enough using them.

And I had to use up the brioche, because it is starting to get old --although there is still a bit more to play with, in the fridge.  Oh, and I had those pomegranate seeds that I got ready for the recipe (even though I no longer had the pears).  So I made these, while the oven was preheating for some other breads I was baking today.

I just tore off some of the brioche dough, rolled it up and stuck it in an oiled muffin tin, then sprinkled some pomegranate seeds on top.

Baked at 450 degrees F, for about 25 minutes.



They taste okay, but they could have been baked a bit longer.

Notes to Myself
  • Bake everything at least 10 minutes longer than recipes call for: your oven just doesn't perform the way it should
  • Try baking the pomegranate seeds inside the brioche dough, so they don't dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment