All grains contain peptides that mimic morphine or endogenous opioid substances. This is where I deal with my latest loaf craving. Get your bread-based exorphin fix here.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Everyday Bread #28 - HBin5 Rye Bread part2


Here is the next loaf from the same batch of Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes Rye Bread dough I mixed up the other day. For this loaf I used more of the dough, and basically filled the pan. I also used Reinhard's methods again to form the gluten cloak, and it rose a lot better this way, during the proofing stage.



Although I scored it, the top split lengthwise during the baking stage. I did paint water on it, and I did use steam for this loaf.

This one I let sit for a day before I cut into it, to see how it improved, or if it does. The results were disappointing, and showed me that the loaf probably needed a longer baking time.  I am not certain if the picture here shows that the knife has some goo on it: to me, that means that the interior of this loaf is a trifle undercooked.  It still toasts up nicely, but this is not my favourite rye bread.  I'm not happy with this loaf.



Notes to Myself:
  • You aren't learning anything new with these 'Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day' loaves.  They are primarily just filler when you don't have time for a real 'learning' loaf.  I'm still suspicious of the extra Vital Wheat Gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment